Remove all eye makeup.
For the first 48 hours keep your eyelashes dry and avoid touching them. Do not expose lashes to water or steam to allow adhesive to fully bond. Avoid swimming and the spa for 48 hours.
After 24 hours cleanse your lashes regularly and be gentle, do not rub the eyes excessively. Do not use oil based products. Groom your lashes with a wet, clean mascara wand as needed.
Do not use waterproof mascara. Water-based mascara remover can be used if desired. Use powdered, liquid or gel eyeliners. Pencils (unless specially formulated for Eyelash Extensions) tend to leave an oily residue which could loosen the bond.
- Airbrush tanning should be done 24-hours prior to your eyelash appointment.
- If receiving other skin care treatments such as, chemical peels, facials with steam, lase or hydroxyl treatments let the provider know ahead of time.
- Do not use an eyelash curler, perm, or tint your lashes.
- If you experience any signs of irritation contact your esthetician immediately. You could be experiencing an allergic reaction to the extensions and need them removed.
- It is recommended to come for your eyelash extension touch up within 2-3 weeks to replace any outgrown lashes.
Can I swim, shower, exercise or visit a spa while wearing eyelash extensions?
You can enjoy these eyelashes with little need to adjust your lifestyle. Provided you follow the simple after care instructions and are not excessively exposed to heat or moisture, they will last through your natural lash cycle and fall off with the natural lash, not before. You can swim, shower and spa as usually so long as these activities are not engaged in excessively. (Please do not swim or spa for 48-hours after the procedure to allow the adhesive to fully bond.)
Can I apply mascara to eyelash extensions?
Indeed, one of the main advantages of eyelash extensions is that you never need mascara again. However, if you must have a mascara-look, only water-based mascara can be used. You can purchase a specially formulated eyelash extensions mascaras from our spa. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED OR WATER-PROOF MASCARA. Waterproof mascara along with any type of oil-based mascara will dissolve the bond and cause the eyelash extensions to fall off. If you choose, wear a water-based mascara, apply it on the tips only!